Candidates applying for admission to a second-cycle study programme must be holders of a diploma of higher education.
The selection of candidates is conducted based on:
- a diploma grade in the case of graduates of the same or related field of study;
- an interview covering major subjects appropriate for the udergraduate degree programme in National Security in the case of candidates with a degree in other fields of study.
The following grading scale is applied: very good (5), good plus (4+), good (4), satisfactory plus (3+), satisfactory (3), unsatisfactory (a failing grade) (2). The candidate who gets a failing grade in the interview cannot be admitted.
Announcement of results
The results of the recruitment will be available in the IRK account of each registered candidate.
Having registered in the IRK system, the candidate is obliged to submit all the required paper-based documents. Failure to do so will be understood as a resignation from applying for the study programme, despite a valid registration and paying the required application fee. The documents need to be submitted to Centralny Punkt Obsługi Kandydata (the Central Service Point for Candidates) - time and date as specified on the IRK website.
A list of documents required can be downloaded here.
Addidional information for candidates
A tuition fee is required.
Example interview topics
- Tasks of the state administration in the area of national security
- Institutions of legal protection in Poland
- States of emergency in Poland
- Systems of government in democratic countries
- Tasks and competences of public authorities, institutions, services and inspections in crisis situations
- Uniformed services in the Republic of Poland - types, features, tasks
- The concept and specificity of the state's military power
- Peaceful ways of solving international disputes
- The concept and objectives of the Polish security policy
- Evolution of the strategy of Polish security policy after 1989
- The essence and typology of threats to national security
- Phases of crisis management
- Critical infrastructure
- Institutions of the European Union in the field of internal security
- Threats, goals, implementation of the external dimension of the European Union's security policy